If you are finding social media marketing a bit of a minefield here a few simple social media tips to help you get started:
- Create an account with Twitter, Google + and Facebook. You can't interact if you don't have the tools at your disposal so set up the accounts and familiarise yourself with the user interfaces
- Monitor what people are saying about your brand and who is saying it - that way you can determine who your target audience are
- Build up a relationship with your followers - follow them back, reply to their messages, comment on their posts and retweet their tweets
- Use this information to influence those who are following you - remember it's not just what you say but how you say it
- Keep up with the latest trends so you can make what you say relevant - e.g. if a football team has just won the championship and you sell football boots make sure you tweet about how good the match was and what you thought of the top players - remember the point of social media is not to blatantly advertise what you do but keep people informed and interested and then encourage them to keep up with your latest news.
Find out more about social media optimisation by clicking here.
Posted by Frances Berry